Fully qualified physicians (e.g. infectious diseases specialists, infectious diseases residents, paediatricians, doctors planning to work abroad in developing countries, and other medical doctors with interest in tropical medicine).
The course language is English and participants from countries outside Sweden are also welcomed.
The Swedish-Ethiopian Course in Tropical Infections 2023-2024 is now closed for applications (since August 28th 2023)
The application should include:
- Short CV with clinical and research experience
- Information on wether the application is for the full 3+1 week course in Stockholm or only for separate weeks (w1 or w2)
- Information if you want to participate in the field visit to Ethiopia
Do not forget to provide information about where the invoice should be sent.
Please submit your application to:
Course leader Hilmir Asgeirsson, preferably by e-mail: email@example.com
Post address: Hilmir Asgeirsson, Department of Infectious Diseases I73, Karolinska University Hospital, SE-14186 Huddinge, Sweden. Phone: +46 72 569 77 56.
Applications sent to the previous course administrators (Mary Hyll and Sara Roth de Albuquerque) will be forwarded to the course leaders.
Deadline for application for the course 2023-2024: August 27th 2023
Information on acceptance will be distributed by e-mail (in the first week of September 2023).
Course fee (2023-2024)
- The fee for the Swedish part is a total of 26 000 Swedish Crowns (SEK).
- The fee for one single week (w 1-2) is 8000 SEK.
- The cost for the two week field visit to Ethiopia is 34 000 SEK (participation in the whole theoretical part is required). This covers local transportation, full teaching program and full board.
- The cost for the full course (3+1 weeks in Stockholm + field visit to Ethiopia) is 60 000 SEK.
The Flight to Ethiopia (other African country) is not included (approx. 8-10 000 SEK).